Illustration Challenge #14: Jack and the Beanstalk

 (My personal Illustration Challenge for 2017 is to complete one 'page spread' from a popular, modern or classic children's story each week, picked randomly from a hat. Using lines from the original text, I am re-creating the 'imagery' in my own way, just for fun!)

An old classic tale...
Jack and the Beanstalk
Half way up the mighty stalk,
Jack felt it suddenly sway.
Terrified, he clung on tighter.
Looking up to judge his next move,
he caught sight of something - or someone -
moving far above him.
The most challenging part of this illustration was getting the perspective right. I really wanted to make him look high above the ground. I think it's worked. Again, I've used pencil and digital colour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Illustration Challenge #1: Where the Wild Things Are

Illustration Challenge #3: The Borrowers